Horseback Riding & Trail Rides
Valley residents and visitors will enjoy the experience of a leisurely guided trail ride in the beautiful Massanutten Mountains.
All of our horses are trail-wise and gentle, so even if you’ve never sat astride a horse, you will feel completely at ease. Our knowledgeable and experienced trail guides will match the horse and the rider and give everyone riding instructions before and during the ride.
We are open year-round, seven days a week, weather–permitting. Our rides are one-hour long and suitable for the beginner 10 years old and older or anyone else who loves to ride and to observe nature at its best.
Trail rides are by reservation only and, during the busy season, can be fully booked several days in advance.
- One-hour trail rides around the base of Massanutten Mountain
- Special discounts for church, school and company groups.
- Suitable for children 2 and older or the first-time rider.
- Gentle, full-size horses are hand-led for 2 laps around a designated area inside the arena, next to the petting farm.
- By appointment, April through November only.
- Features sheep, bunnies, donkeys, ducks, a pot belly pig, a turkey, a goat, and more!
- Feed station provided.
Hours and Reservations
Hours vary seasonally. Please call for availability.
Please call (540) 289-6152 or resort extension 6-5273.
|Price||Activity Card Price|
Prices subject to change without notice.
- No refunds within 2 hours of scheduled trail rides except for rain checks.
- Minimum height 4’8”
- Maximum weight 240 pounds
- No sandals or clogs
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking
- Advance reservations must be made with major credit card or cash.
- No shows will be billed if cancellation of reservation is not made at least two hours prior to scheduled event.
- Each participant will be required to sign a liability release form
- Helmets are provided and are mandatory for children under 18
- Follow Resort directions from Route 33 up Route 644 passing Woodstone Meadows Check-in.
- Take first left onto Red Cedar Lane and immediate left onto Ag Center Drive.
- Stables are on the left.
Woodstone Meadows Stables
2560 Ag Center Drive
McGaheysville, VA 22840