What to Expect:
- You should expect a comfortable and peaceful environment for your massage. The spa staff will do everything possible to ensure that your experience is positive, relaxing, and rewarding. You will be asked about your reasons for getting a massage, current physical condition, stress level, areas of pain or tension, et cetera.
- You will receive a professional massage given by our trained and Nationally and/or Virginia State certified massage staff. We abide by the American Massage Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- You will undress in private and lie down on a comfortable massage table under a sheet. You may leave your underpants on or take them off, at your discretion. The therapist will undrape only the part of your body being massaged at any given time, ensuring that your modesty is respected.
Massage Therapy is known to be helpful and can:
- Provide soothing relaxation or deeper therapy for specific tight or restricted areas.
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Increase circulation.
- Hasten the elimination of waste and toxins.
- Increase the interchange of substances between blood and tissue cells.
- Increase oxygenation of tissues.
- Stimulate the relaxation response within the nervous system.
- Improve energy and alertness.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Improve posture. Increase flexibility and range of motion.
- Aid in recovery from sore muscles and tension.
- Relieve certain repetitive motion injuries.
- Reduce pain and discomfort.
- In order to preserve the tranquility and privacy of the spa experience, we ask that cell phones and pagers be turned off while in the Spa.
- Reserve appointments as far in advance as possible (one to two weeks) to ensure that you will be able to enjoy your spa services. You will be asked to leave a credit card number or prepay in order to reserve your appointment.
- Arrive 15 - 20 minutes prior to your appointment in order to fill out paperwork.You will be asked to sign the American Massage Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- Arrive on time. Late arrivals' appointments will end as scheduled, so that our next guest can begin his or her treatment on time.
- (Effective August 31, 2013) An 8-hour notice is required to cancel your spa appointment. A fee of $50 will be charged for each service cancelled within the 8-hour timeframe to cover the time reserved for you. This policy also applies to guests who do not show for their scheduled appointments.
- Please let us know ahead of time if you have any specific needs or limitations.
- Leave your valuables at home as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Be aware that the Spa is a smoke free facility and that alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the building.
If you have questions or wish to schedule an appointment, please call 540.289.4040 or resort extension 6.5200. You may also e-mail us.
Making appointments in advance is recommended since the Spa books quickly.